Apply for Solvency Certificate
What is Solvency Certificate?
The Solvency Certificate is issued on the basis of the documents showing ownership of flats/lands lying in the concerned City / District.
Why is it necessary?
The Solvency Certificate is required for seeking admission in Government Medical and Engineering Colleges. It is also required for Court matters, like obtaining bails.The certificate is required as a document of surety by various Government and semi-Government offices.
In the state of Odisha Solvency Certificate is issued on the basis of Odisha Miscellaneous Certificate Rules, 1984 under the department of Revenue & Disaster Management, Government of Odisha. Out of six categories of Miscellaneous Certificates, Solvency certificate is one.
A person residing in the respective Tahasil having his/her landed property there is entitled to obtain Solvency Certificate.
- Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, Government of Odisha
- Tahasildar of the concerned Tahasil
Who to apply for?
- Chief Officer in Charge of Revenue Administration of the concerned & District,Sub-division/Tahasil
- Additional District Magistrate
- Additional Tahasildar
To obtain Solvency Certificate you can go through the following procedures.
- Go to your concerned District Revenue Officer.A person desirous of obtaining a certificate shall file before a Revenue Officer an application in Form No, 1 affixing court fee stamps of denomination of Rs 3.00 or such amount as should be revised from time to time specifying therein his name and full address, the nature the certificate prayed for and the purpose for which it is required
- Form No.VI i.e. meant for Solvency Certificate will be given to you
- Fill up the form as per the mentioned guidelines.
- The certificate has to be accompanied by an affidavit shown in before a Magistrate
incorporating the details of the immovable properties, the income and sources thereof.
- The particulars of the applicant received in accordance with sub-rule (1) shall be registered & in Register No.27 vide Form No.51 of the Appendix of the Odisha Records Manual, 1954.
- The Revenue Officer shall initiate a case record. Then the documents get scrutinized by the Revenue Officer.
- After a proper verification of the relevant records, if it is required, he may himself inquire in to the matter or call for a report of inquiry specifying a date from an officer subordinate in rank.
- The certificate shall be handed over to the applicant or his duly authorized agent on due acknowledgement of receipt.
In case the certificate is not granted:
The Revenue Officer shall pass necessary orders in the case record, briefly mentioning the reasons therefore. After the further verification and modification (if required) the certificate is issued to the applicant.
(Note: No Revenue Officer below the rank of Sub-divisional Officer shall be competent to grant a certificate of solvency for an amount of and above Rupees one lakh, Immovable properties situated within the operational jurisdiction of the Revenue Officer concerned shall be taken in to accountafter careful verification.)
Necessary Documents to be attached
The following supportive documents have to be attached along with the application form.
- Affix court fee stamps of denomination of Rs 5.00 along with the application form.
- Enclose affidavit of your certificate proving details of your immovable properties & income sources.
Period of Delivery
Authority for sanctioning certificate
Revenue Officer of the concerned District.
Who to register complaint with?
The above mentioned sanctioning authority.
For more information contact
Revenue Officer of the concerned District
Location : respective Tahasil Office | City : Bhubaneswar | PIN Code : 751001